ARC's Visual Computing expertise includes the design, development, evaluation, and publication of traditional visualizations and multimedia, visual analytics, virtual reality and 3D graphics. In addition, we support computing on visual information, including deriving information from captured or computed data.
ARC offers a variety of visualization resources, including:
- Information Visualization - Use of interactive visual representations of abstract, non-physical based data to amplify cognition.
- Scientific Visualization - This is the use of interactive visual representation of scientific data to amplify cognition. Spatial components are typically associated with this type of data.
- Visual Analytics - The discipline of interacting with visual data to extract statistics from it to support or disprove a hypothesis. This can be performed over scientific data or abstract data.
The visualization services offered at ARC can be divided into the following paradigms:
- 3D Immersive Visualization offered through the ARC Visionarium
- High-Performance Visualization offered through visualization tools installed on the ARC clusters
For more information about visualization services through ARC, please contact our Visualization Director, Nicholas Polys, at firstname.lastname@example.org.