Visualization can be broadly classified into:
- Information Visualization - Use of interactive visual representations of abstract, non-physical based data to amplify cognition.
- Scientific Visualization - This is the use of interactive visual representation of scientific data to amplify cognition. Spatial components are typically associated with this type of data.
- Visual Analytics - The discipline of interacting with visual data to extract statistics from it to support or disprove a hypothesis. This can be performed over scientific data or abstract data.
The Visualization services offered at ARC can be divided into the following paradigms:
- 3D Immersive Visualization offered through the ARC Visionarium
- High-Performance Visualization offered through visualization tools installed on the ARC clusters.