Open OnDemand is a web portal that provides access to the following ARC HPC clusters: Cascades, Dragonstooth, and Huckleberry.
It facilitates clusters’ access and job management without the need for Linux experience or any installations on the client-side. The only requirement is an up-to-date web browser. Firefox or Chrome are preferred.
OnDemand provides the following features:
- File Management and Transfer
- Job Management
- Shell Access (Cascades, Dragonstooth, and Huckleberry)
- Interactive Apps
- In order to use OnDemand, you will need to be using the university network or on VPN (VT Traffic over SSL VPN)
- Once connected, go to https://ondemand.arc.vt.edu/
- Then, you can log in using your VT credentials (PID and password)
OnDemand provides interactive apps on each of the clusters, as shown in the image below.
Submitting a job through OnDemand:
For complete documentation, please visit Ohio Supercomputer Center, which develops Open OnDemand detailed documentation pages.